The former Castlemaine Court House, in Goldsmith Crescent, began as a police office at the site of the former Commissioner's Camp. This building was converted into the court house in 1852. It was taken over by the Castlemaine Mining Board in 1865. The former court hosue building is now used by the Castlemaine Historical Society. This photograph of the building was taken in 1981. Its title is: 'Former Court House - back - Goldsmith Cres., Castlemaine'.
photograph: gelatin silver