- Bate, Weston, Victorian gold rushes, Macphee Gribble, Melbourne, 1988. Details.
- Blainey, Geoffrey, The rush that never ended: a history of Australian mining, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1963. Details.
- Blainey, Geoffrey, The golden mile, Allen & Unwin, St. Leonards, NSW, 1993. Details.
- Carboni, Raffaello, The Eureka Stockade: the consequence of some pirates wanting on quarter-deck a rebellion, Printed for the author by J.P. Atkinson, Melbourne, 1855. Details.
- Davison, Graeme, John Hirst, and Stuart Macintyre, The Oxford Companion to Australian History, Revised edn, Oxford University Press, Melbourne, 2001. Details.
- Day, David, Claiming a continent: a new history of Australia, Harper Collins Publishers, Sydney, 2001. Details.
- Flett, James, The history of gold discovery in Victoria, The Poppet Head Press, Melbourne, 2001. Details.
- Goodman, David, Gold seeking: Victoria and California in the 1850s, Allen & Unwin, St Leonards, 1994. Details.
- Macintyre, Stuart, A concise history of Australia, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1999. Details.
- Mayne, A. J. C, Hill End: an historic Australian goldfields landscape, Melbourne University Press, Carlton, 2003. Details.
- Serle, Geoffrey, The golden age: a history of the colony of Victoria, 1851-1861, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1963. Details.
- Curthoys, Ann, ''Men of All Nations, except Chinamen': Europeans and Chinese on the Goldfields of New South Wales', in Iain McCalman, Alexander Cook and Andrew Reeves (eds), Gold : forgotten histories and lost objects of Australia, Cambridge University Press, Melbourne, 2001, pp. 100-123. Details.
- Wilson, Alex, 'Chartism', in J. T. Ward (ed.), Popular Movements, C. 1830-1850, Macmillan, London, 1970, pp. 116-134. Details.
- Reeves, Andrew, 'Trade Unionism and the Mining Industry: A National Survey 1870-1920', in Paper presented at Golden Landscapes: Rethinking the Goldrushes of the Pacific Rim Conference, Castlemaine, Victoria, 2005. Details.
- McCalman, Iain, Alexander Cook, and Andrew Reeves (eds), Gold: forgotten histories and lost objects of Australia, Cambridge University Press, Melbourne, 2001. Details.
- Bannear, David, Keir Reeves, Jane Lennon, and Michael Pearson, 'Gold, Ruins and the Victorian Way', Journal of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 3, 2002, pp. 65-68. Details.
- Pickering, Paul, ''Ripe for a Republic': British Radical Responses to the Eureka Stockade', Australian Historical Studies, vol. 34, no. 121, 2003, pp. 69-90. Details.
- Serle, Geoffrey, 'The Gold Generation', Victorian Historical Journal, vol. 41, no. 1, 1970, pp. 265-272. Details.
- Produce of the Goldfields
- 29 June 1853
- Australian National University